Sorry about the previous loading issues. They should be resolved now since I've removed the linksy.
Hello everyone! September is soon upon us and with it comes the Cornerstone read-along! Every Wednesday in September we'll have discussions about Cornerstone by Misty Provencher. This is a book I really can't recommend highly enough. It's such a creative story with a fabulous romance and and I hope you'll all join in! In addition we'll have a fabulous giveaway provided by Misty herself!
This Read-Along is hosted by Candace at Candace's Book Blog, Heather at Buried in Books, Heidi at Rainy Day Ramblings and Heather at The Flyleaf Review.
September 5th- Candace's Book Blog- Chapters 1-5, pages 1-44
- September 12th- Buried in Books- Chapters 6-10, pages 45-111
- September 19th- Rainy Day Ramblings- Chapters 11-16, pages 112-194
- September 26th- The Flyleaf Review- Chapters 17-21, pages 195-219
Each week you will find the following week's questions on each of our blogs. This enables you to prepare your post ahead of time and jump around to each participating blog to discuss those questions. There will be a linky provided each week on the host blogs for you to link up your blog so we can visit you!
If you want to Sign Up go HERE and enter into the linky. Once you get your post up then link it up on this post!
Misty is providing one lucky participant with a signed copy of Cornerstone and an ebook of Keystone. Each week you enter into the linky you are entered for this prize. The Keystone tour is also running the month of September and this tour is filled with EPIC goodness, including some massive giveaway's! So be sure to check that out as well.
This weeks questions are hosted by Heather at Buried in Books:
1. At the start of Chapter 6, Nalena follows Garrett in pursuit of the man who attacked her in the woods. She has a semi-out-of-body-experience, running faster than she should be able to, with the ground passing beneath her in “a dirty blur”. Her feeling of fear is what jerks her back into herself and trips her up. What do you think of her new abilities and what limitations might they present?
This is a hard one answer since I know everything that's going to happen. At this point the first time through I think I had no idea of what to expect or think. I think that it shows that she can do amazing things once she lets go of her fear though!
2. After Nalena loses Garrett in the pursuit, Nalena and her mother end up at Garrett’s house to let his parents know what has happened. We meet the rest of the Reese family, including Garrett’s oldest brother and carbon copy, Sean, and Garrett’s youngest sibling and only sister, Iris. Sean and Iris remain at the house while the rest go to search for Garrett. Why do you think they were the ones left behind? Anything odd in their conversation that could give us clues as to what is going on?
Well her mom lets slip something about Alo which made me wonder and then it was clear that Iris was letting some things slip too. Still not enough to figure it out though...
3. Chapter 7- Um, WHY do you think he didn’t kiss her??? If you were in Nali’s shoes, would you have forced the kiss to happen?
No way! I'm way shy and at that age and in that circumstance I would have been kind of afraid. And as a reader I liked how this played out. The slow burn romance works really well. Even though sometimes you want to tear your hair out, it's totally worth it!
4. In Chapter 7, Evangeline drops it like its hot and explains her past, what the Ianua is and why she’s kept Nalena from it all. At this point, if you could have a broader view of the world Nalena is entering into, what would you envision or assume it to be like? Would you be frightened or intrigued?
Honestly, I don't have a clue how to answer this one. I think I know a bit too much to even know what to say. I guess I'm gonna skip it...
5. Regina and Jen visit Nalena in the school bathroom with a whooping in mind. Does it bother you that they are cheerleaders? What if Jen had been a random, unpopular girl? Would the scene have the same impact for you?
I think that mean girls can come in all shapes and sizes and it would have had the same impact. At my school the mean girls weren't the cheerleaders, they were a group of girls that weren't very popular actually.
6. Chapter 10, the Reese boys reveal that Nalena being a Contego means that there is a Cusp coming. If you were to define the Cusp, what do you think it would be? Would it be a singular event or a series of them? Why do you think Evangeline takes it so hard that her daughter is not Alo?
It seems like it would be series of events, but I'm not sure I could define the Cusp, I'm no good at that kind of thing! I think that Evangaline takes it hard because it means there's a cusp coming and because it's more dangerous to be Contego because you are in the middle of the fight.
Week Three Questions Hosted by Heidi at Rainy Day Ramblings
Cornerstone Questions Chapters 11-16
1. Were you surprised about the revelations of the unique society that Nali now finds
herself a part of? Which of the four signs do you identify the most with: Alo,
Contego, Addo or Veritas?
2. The Reese boys have a unique way of answering their phone. Tell me the funniest
or most interesting way you have answered your phone or someone else's.
3. Do you think Nalena is going to be able to stick with her initial choice of living a
Simple Life or do you feel Garrett or the Addo will persuade her to change her mind?
4. The Addo does not fit the wise man mold with his sweats and cookie crumbs. What
was you first impression of him? Would you go to him for advice?
5. What do you think of Nalena's mom's reaction to the revelation that other Addo are
dying? Do you think she is in denial?
6. What do you think of Nalena's new guardian angel, Grace? Do you believe in
guardian angels? Have you ever had an experience where you felt like someone
was looking out for you?
Link up this weeks Read-Along Post in the comments or at another host because the linky is messing with my blog loading.