This fabulous event is hosted by ME Candace Book Blog, Natalia @ Dazzling Reads, The Page Turners, Mary @ The Book Swarm and The Bewitched Bookworms.
This is week two of this fabulous event! And today's questions are brought to you from Dazzling Reads.
- July 24 - Intro Post for the Read-A-Long - Linky for Participation!Go HERE if you haven't signed up and to find out all the rules for participation as well as the prize list.
July 31 - Bewitched Bookworms Pages 7-84 ends with a Noah Chapter Aug 7th - The Page Turners Pages 85 - 162 - ends with a Noah Chapter Aug 14th - Candace Book Blog Pages 163 - 239 - ends with a Noah Chapter
- Aug 21th - Dazzling Reads Pages 240 - 316 - ends with a Echo chapter
- Aug 28th - The Book Swarm Pages 317 - 392
1. At a certain moment, Echo tells Noah that she feels safe with him. Echo thinks that because of this comforting feeling, she may be able to finally have a full night of peaceful sleep. Why do you think it is important for Echo to feel Safe? and why no one else but Noah has been able to provide this to Echo?
Well I guess because Echo has always had her past hanging over her head and maybe Noah is what she feels is her future. And he's someone that she loves and there isn't really anything hanging over her head with him either.2. Beth, Noah's friend, also have a very complex life situation. plus she also does drugs. However, what grabs my attention is her mean behavior towards Echo. Why do you think Beth hate/dislikes Echo so much?
I think that Beth thinks that Noah has been through enough. She *thinks* that Echo is some spoiled rich girl with a perfect life and doesn't know or understand what Echo has been through. She doesn't want Echo to hurt Noah.
3. At some point, we finally get to know how Noah's parents died at the fire and how it started. Unfortunately, this is something that has happened before. What tips to avoid a fire (specially when there are kids at home) do you now about? List a few! recommendations to avoid tragedies are very valuable. :)
Well it's so easy to not even think about it. I mean we all think it won't happen to us. But since we have kids now I've made sure that we have a window ladder thing we can throw out the window in case we're trapped upstairs. Unfortunately I haven't really mapped out a plan cause our kids are still so small. I guess maybe it's time to have a talk with them in case one of us adults is unable to reach them. I think my 7 year old is probably at the age that she can understand.4. Echo finally discovers more about what really happened to her the day she got her scars at her mother's place. Unfortunately, this also involved Echo's father and Ashley. What do you think about them and to what point do you think it makes them responsible to what happened to Echo?
Well, I think I understand Echo's father a bit more now. He has guilt hanging over his head. But I think that maybe things should have been discussed sooner so when she remembered she wouldn't feel so much anger at him. He should have told her that part of it.
5. On p.303 (from arc) Echo said to Noah: "I love you...you love your brothers more. I'm okay with that. In fact, it's one of the things I love about you. You were right the other day. I do want to be part of a family. But I'd never forgive myself if I was the reason you didn't get yours... I love you enough to never make you choose." What do you think of Echo's decision to break up with Noah? What does it mean to you?
I think that shows her strength. She doesn't want him to have to try to choose. On the other hand I was annoyed. I just wanted them to figure it out!
Head over to Dazzling Reads or The Book Swarm for next weeks questions!