- July 24 – Intro Post for the Read-A-Long – Linky for Participation!Go HERE if you haven’t signed up and to find out all the rules for participation as well as the prize list.
- July 31 – Bewitched Bookworms Pages 7-84 ends with a Noah Chapter
- Aug 7th – The Page Turners Pages 85 – 162 – ends with a Noah Chapter
- Aug 14th – Candace Book Blog Pages 163 – 239 – ends with a Noah Chapter
- Aug 21th – Dazzling Reads Pages 240 – 316 – ends with a Echo chapter
- Aug 28th – The Book Swarm Pages 317 – 392
Questions for week 2 from Stacy – The Page Turners:
1. Noah and Echo create a plan to read their files. What do you think of this plan? Would you read your friends file first knowing you might not have time to read your own? Would you want to read your own file?
I don’t know. I don’t really think reading her file would be a good idea for Echo. But for Noah I kind of get it. He just wants to know where his brothers are. I don’t think I could ever be brave enough to read my file or anyone elses.
2. Mrs. Collins starts to earn Noah’s trust by taking him to see his brother win a writing contest. What do you think of how she’s handling Noah? How would you feel if you were in Noah’s position, hearing that your brother sees you as his hero?
Wow, I was SO impressed with this! It’s like Mrs. Collins knew what would be perfect for Noah, he needed something to bring him up and give him hope. I think I would feel just the way Noah did.
3. Echo is starting to draw and paint again. She’s starting to express the feelings and what she’s seeing as she’s starting to remember what happened that day. Art therapy seems to be a popular way for people to deal with their feelings, why do you think Echo’s dad didn’t want her to continue with art since it was such a big part of her and is part of so many people’s therapy in dealing with similar issues?
Echo’s dad is probably terrified that she’s going to end up like her mom. I’m pretty sure that’s why he’s afraid for her to get involved with it. Which doesn’t really make sense, but whatever.
4. We see how crazy Beth’s home life is and we start to understand why she is not as keen to be trusting with people in her life. At the same time, we get to see how fiercely loyal Noah is. What do you think of the way Noah reacted to Beth being beaten by her mother’s boyfriend? Do you think it’s showing bad behavior that could get Noah in more trouble or the act of a true friend?
I was terrified for Noah, that he would get in trouble. But I also was proud of him for standing up for her even when he could lose everything. Personally, I think it showed strength of character.
5. Echo has an unusual name. What do you think of the story behind it? Is there a Greek Myth or other story that would inspire you to name a child after a character?
My daughter is named after a Greek goddess too, actually. But unfortunately it’s not the best story. I just liked the name. 😉 It’s Phaedra, btw. See, isn’t it pretty?
6. Echo’s big thing is trying to find “normal” again. She doesn’t want to be the scared girl or the girl who can’t remember what happened to her, she just wants to be normal. This goal impacts her relationships with her family, friends, Noah and her ex Luke. But at the end of this section, Echo is starting to figure out that there’s no going back to old normal and she’s going to have to find a new normal. How big of a step is it for Echo when she realizes she’s not “in” love with Luke and figures out that she does need to find a new normal?
I was really hoping for Echo to find her way because her friends are just so awful! I think it’s hard for her to accept and it’s a big step, but it’s a very good thing for her to start to find her own way without people telling her what to do every step of the way.
Next weeks questions created and hosted by ME 😉
1. In the beginning of this section Noah decides to ignore Echo because he’s angry and hurt. What did you think of this? Have you ever experienced a friendship that went awry and they started ignoring you?
2. Noah has a bit of a false reputation. Everyone thinks he’s a big druggie and a guy that just randomly hooks up with girls. While some of it is true to a certain extent, we see it’s not really him. Have you ever had a false reputation where people draw their own conclusions? Do you think Noah should do something to make people not think that about him?
3. Ashley finds out she’s having a boy and informs Echo she will have a brother ‘again’. Echo took this very personally and was extremely upset. Do you think Echo overreacted? Do you think Ashley meant that the new brother would replace her brother?
4. Echo doesn’t remember what happened with her mother and for this reason she has troubles seeing her the way everyone else does. She can’t seem to not miss her and still wants to talk to her. Do you think she should pursue finding her mom? Do you think it will help her or do you think she would be in danger?
5. Noah doesn’t trust the people who have his brothers because of his own past situations. He decides to seek out a lawyer himself and try to get custody. Do you think this is his best move? Do you think there are some other options he should consider?
6. Echo finds out that Noah and his parents built houses for Habitat for Humanity. Have you ever volunteered for something like that? What is a cause that you feel strongly about?