This fabulous event is hosted by ME Candace Book Blog, Natalia @ Dazzling Reads, The Page Turners, Mary @ The Book Swarm and The Bewitched Bookworms.
This is week two of this fabulous event! And today's questions are brought to you from ME!
- July 24 - Intro Post for the Read-A-Long - Linky for Participation!Go HERE if you haven't signed up and to find out all the rules for participation as well as the prize list.
July 31 - Bewitched Bookworms Pages 7-84 ends with a Noah Chapter Aug 7th - The Page Turners Pages 85 - 162 - ends with a Noah Chapter
- Aug 14th - Candace Book Blog Pages 163 - 239 - ends with a Noah Chapter
- Aug 21th - Dazzling Reads Pages 240 - 316 - ends with a Echo chapter
- Aug 28th - The Book Swarm Pages 317 - 392
1. In the beginning of this section Noah decides to ignore Echo because he's angry and hurt. What did you think of this? Have you ever experienced a friendship that went awry and they started ignoring you?
I was really frustrated with his behavior at first. I wanted him to fight for her. But yet I sort of 'got it' too. And was very happy and relieved when they figured things out.
I've had friends ignore me because they suddenly wanted to be in the popular crowd, or just with different friends who may not have liked me. It hurt and so I'm glad I'm not a kid anymore!
2. Noah has a bit of a false reputation. Everyone thinks he's a big druggie and a guy that just randomly hooks up with girls. While some of it is true to a certain extent, we see it's not really him. Have you ever had a false reputation where people draw their own conclusions? Do you think Noah should do something to make people not think that about him?
Yeah, as a teenager people often thought I was some big druggie because of the way I dressed and the people I hung out with. But I wasn't really until later when people made all sorts of accusations and I realized I might as well be since everyone already thought I was and I was in trouble already. It actually led me to becoming what they accused me of. Which was stupid, but I was a kid.
I don't know which Noah, I mean, I like that he doesn't really care what people think of him. But at the same time I think if he cleaned up a bit and looked and acted more responsible that he'd get further with the brother situation as well as school.
3. Ashley finds out she's having a boy and informs Echo she will have a brother 'again'. Echo took this very personally and was extremely upset. Do you think Echo overreacted? Do you think Ashley meant that the new brother would replace her brother?
I actually was a little shocked by Echo's anger about it. I really thought she overreacted. I don't really like Ashley, but so far I don't hate her and I think that Echo should know that she didn't mean that the boy would replace her brother.
4. Echo doesn't remember what happened with her mother and for this reason she has troubles seeing her the way everyone else does. She can't seem to not miss her and still wants to talk to her. Do you think she should pursue finding her mom? Do you think it will help her or do you think she would be in danger?
I was confused by this at first. But as I get more of the whole story I can see how she wants/needs to know more. She misses her mom and since the bad memory is blocked it's hard for her to automatically hate her. She needs closure and I think that her dad should be the one to help her get it. Unfortunately he has no idea how she feels about anything. I don't know if she would be in danger, but that's why I think that another person along and meeting in a public place would be a good idea.
5. Noah doesn't trust the people who have his brothers because of his own past situations. He decides to seek out a lawyer himself and try to get custody. Do you think this is his best move? Do you think there are some other options he should consider?
No! I definitely think that Noah needs to realize that he can't be a good father figure. He needs to get his education and get a good job and not just barely squeeze by and stressing because he has two kids to care for. I think it's time for him to open his eyes and realize that maybe they aren't in a bad home.
6. Echo finds out that Noah and his parents built houses for Habitat for Humanity. Have you ever volunteered for something like that? What is a cause that you feel strongly about?
I have a lot of things that I really believe in and for that reason I spread myself thin. I don't have the ability to do volunteer work too much because I have two small kids. But I donate to the shelter and do things like contribute cloth diapers to those who need them and I donate books to the reservation as well as schools and whoever needs them. I look forward to the day when I have more free time to get my hands dirty and really help out.
Next week Natalia at Dazzling Reads is the host, and here are her questions for you!
2. Beth, Noah's friend, also have a very complex life situation. plus she also do drugs. However, what grabs my attention is her mean behavior towards Echo. Why do you think Beth hate/dislikes Echo so much?
3. At some point, we finally get to know how Noah's parents died at the fire and how it started. Unfortunately, this is something that has happened before. What tips to avoid a fire (specially when there are kids at home) do you now about? List a few! recommendations to avoid tragedies are very valuable. :)
4. Echo finally discovers more about what really happened to her the day she got her scars at her mother's place. Unfortunately, this also involved Echo's father and Ashley. What do you think about them and to what point do you think it makes them responsible to what happened to Echo?
5. On p.303 (from arc) Echo said to Noah: "I love you...[y]ou love your brothers more. I'm okay with that. In fact, it's one of the things I love about you. You were right the other day. I do want to be part of a family. But I'd never forgive myself if I was the reason you didn't get yours... I love you enough to never make you choose." What do you think of Echo's decision to break up with Noah? What does it mean to you?
Now link up this weeks post right here: