The Pushing The Limits by Katie McGarry Read-Along
- July 24 – Intro Post for the Read-A-Long – Linky for Participation! – Today!
- July 31 – Bewitched Bookworms Pages 7-84 ends with a Noah Chapter
- Aug 7th – The Page Turners Pages 85 – 162 – ends with a Noah Chapter
- Aug 14th – Candace Book Blog Pages 163 – 239 – ends with a Noah Chapter
- Aug 21th – Dazzling Reads Pages 240 – 316 – ends with a Echo chapter
- Aug 28th – The Book Swarm Pages 317 – 392
Special Event: Evening of August 28th – Live Twitter Chat with Author Katie McGarry!!!!
- Link up here with the outlet where you want to post. All types of Blogs, Goodreads, Facebook – anywhere where you can post your answers.
- Questions are posted the week before. (You have one week to post your answers)
- Every week a new linky will be posted to link up your weekly post.
- You must answer at least 5 questions to get an entry for the giveaway
- Have Fun and Spread the word ! 😉
- To make new friends, meet the other participants and leave some comment love!
Grand Prize Package
- 1 personalized, signed, finished copy of Pushing The Limits!(Katie will sign it to the winner!)
- Fudge brownie mix since that’s Lila’s favorite and she always buys them when she is with Echo
- Pushing the Limits Bookmark
- A small Hot Wheels Corvette – VROOM!
- CD from Angela McGarry. Katie’s sister-in-law wrote and recorded a song called Can You. The song is inspired by Pushing the Limits and is from Echo’s POV. Part of the chorus is: I’m broken, I’m shattered, I’m scarred. Can you really save me? It’s an amazing song.
- Cinnamon Lip Gloss (Bath& Body works) Noah loves that Echo smells like Cinnamon …
- Cinnamon Room Spray (Bath & Body Works)
- Pair of Fingerless long Gloves
And now onto the Questions for the first week:
1. The story starts out with Echo’s thoughts on how she wants to answer her therapist’s questions (snarky and caustically truthful) which are quickly juxtaposed to how she does (milque-toasty and banal).
Who do you think she hides the truth for more, her parents or herself?
2. We see Mrs. Collins, the school therapist, interact with both Echo and Noah in the first few chapters. From those interactions, what do you think of her? Is she a prototypical caricature of state care? Or do you think she’s there to make an honest difference in the lives of those she’s there to help?
3. Noah has two friends, Beth and Isaiah, who have his back no matter what–through thick and thin–and he has theirs. Consequently, his life is a little easier because he has two people who know about his situation. Echo only has one close friend, and Lila will barely speak to her in school.
Do you think Echo would have had an easier time coping and moving on if she had friends like Noah does?
4 . Echo fixates on a colorful ribbon that sits on the school counselor’s desk during their one-on-one sessions.
Do you think this is a case of “Oh, look at the pretty ribbon. Let me zone out while staring at it” , or could it have a deeper significance!
5 .) Noah and the jacket… Already when Noah and Echo meet for the first time, Noah got angry when Echo forgot her Jacket (pg 34). Then on Echo’s Birthday party Noah gave Echo his jacket when he saw that she forgot hers (pg 54). There is a significance behind his anger when Echo has no coat and it tells already so much about Noah!
a) Why do you think is Noah so focused on Echo and her Jacket and what does that tell you about Noah’s character?
b) Show us your favorite jacket! Either with you having it on or alone!
6. Echo wears gloves all the time to hide her scars. Not only for her sake, but obviously also for the others. When Noah sees Echo’s scars for the first time he’s shocked.
a) Do you think this was the moment he began to see Echo in a different light?
b) Show us your favorite pair of gloves!
Link Up for participation!! Just add your Blog or outlet where you are going to post your answers! Thank you so much for participating!