Hi guys! Today is week three of the read- along for Masquerade by Cambria Hebert.
I’m a co-host for the read-along for this awesome read-along and I hope you’re joining in! I’ve had a hard time with juggling everything in the past few weeks and trying to figure out if I was going to quite blogging or cut back and I’ve decided I’m drastically cutting back but I’ll still post occasionally. I hope that this week I’ll be able to participate more and visit every one of you who is participating.
This week is hosted by Heidi at Rainy Day Ramblings so make sure you stop by and enter yourself into the linky!
About the book:
Before. Everything was so much better Before. I wasn’t haunted by nightmares, my place at school was secure and my face was flawless. Now, I’m a freak and everything has changed. The worst part is that I can’t remember the night I was sentenced to the shadows. The memory has been stolen from me and I just can’t shake the feeling that someone, something is out there -watching.
Just when I think I have my life handled, Sam, with his intimidating golden stare and shiver inducing voice, makes me realize that I don’t know anything. He makes me see that my scars don’t matter. That they never mattered. I can’t help but fall for him, completely unknowing that he knows exactly how I got this way. Not knowing he was involved.
Heven has no idea how closely death stalks her. She has no idea what I have done to keep her alive. I fear the day she learns my secrets, finds out what I really am. But even then I cannot stop, I vow to make things right. Finally her hunter will be hunted, Heaven and Hell, faith and sin will battle, and we will be victorious. But first, Heven must learn to be what she never imagined. I know her strength is there – I feel it. If we are to overcome all odds, she must push past her flaws – her frailties – to become much more.
Masquerade Read Along ; April 1-April 28
Read Along Schedule
April 5th – Chapters 1-8 – hosted by Stephanie at Five Alarm book Reviews
April 12th – Chapters 8-16 – hosted by Candace at Candace’s Book Blog (That’s here!)
April 19th- Chapters 16-24 –hosted by Heidi at Rainy Day Ramblings
April 26th Chapters 24-31 – hosted by Veronica at Mostly Reviews
May 3rd – Announcement of Giveaway Winners – hosted by the author – http://www.cambriahebert.com
April 19th – Heidi at Rainy Day Ramblings
5 Discussion Questions
1. Heven’s mother has definite ideas about Heven and her scars – what they mean – and their relationship is strained. Do you think their relationship can be saved?
I don’t know. I don’t think I could ever forgive someone for saying something like that. But when it’s your mother… well, that would be hard.
2. Sam tells Heven about how he came to be living on his own, how his parents kicked him out after he became what he is. He doesn’t seem angry though, he seems to accept it. Would you be angry? Do you think he should be?
Yes. I would be very angry. But I think it shows strength of character that he’s able to kind of let it go and doesn’t constantly rehash it.
3. During these chapters, Heven and Sam visit the Inbetween and meet Airis (aka The Hope). Were you surprised by this series of events? Do you think a place like the InBetween really exists?
WOW! This was a total surprise! Pretty sure my jaw hit the floor at this revelation! As for whether it really exists, I have no clue and my opinions on this change weekly.
4. When Heven’s scars are no longer a part of her and she says “she no longer recognizes herself” – do you think that the absence of her scar will change her once more?
I think the memory of them has changed her and she’ll never go back to how she was. I think she’ll remember what it was like to feel deformed for the rest of her life.
5. Gran is very accepting of Heven and of Sam. Do you think that she understands more – knows more than she lets on about Heven’s life or do you think her love is just unconditional?
The giveaway will be open to all who participate in the read along each week. There will be a Grand Prize and a Runner up prize pack.
A signed paperback copy of Masquerade
A PDF ARC of Charade (Heven and Hell #2)
An Ecopy of Between (A Heven and Hell novella due out in April)
Two signed Bookmarks
A Bubble Tea pack to include everything you need to make and enjoy your own bubble tea. (tea mix, colored tapioca pearls, fat straws and a drinking cup)
Necklace with Masquerade mini book charm made by Southwest Sky Jewelry
A signed Bookmark
A sticker of the Masquerade cover
A copy of Between (A Heven and Hell Novella)
A $10 Amazon gift card