Hi guys! Today is the first day of the read- along for Masquerade by Cambria Hebert. If you would like to sign up it’s not too late! Just go HERE and add yourself into the linky!
I’m co-hosting a read-along for Masquerade by Cambria Hebert for the month of April. This is going to be a total blast and I hope that you’ll all sign up! There’s going to be prizes (see more below) and we’re going to have loads of fun discussing this awesome book! It’s only $2.99 for the ebook and Cambria will give an ebook away to each tenth person who signs up!
Note: Some of you know that I’ll be taking a break from blogging indefinitely. I already committed to this read-along before that decision was made and so I’m still posting for it. But you may not be seeing many more reviews because as soon as my posts run out I’ll be done. I’ll still see you around the bookosphere though and you can find me on goodreads!
About the book:
Before. Everything was so much better Before. I wasn’t haunted by nightmares, my place at school was secure and my face was flawless. Now, I’m a freak and everything has changed. The worst part is that I can’t remember the night I was sentenced to the shadows. The memory has been stolen from me and I just can’t shake the feeling that someone, something is out there -watching.
Just when I think I have my life handled, Sam, with his intimidating golden stare and shiver inducing voice, makes me realize that I don’t know anything. He makes me see that my scars don’t matter. That they never mattered. I can’t help but fall for him, completely unknowing that he knows exactly how I got this way. Not knowing he was involved.
Heven has no idea how closely death stalks her. She has no idea what I have done to keep her alive. I fear the day she learns my secrets, finds out what I really am. But even then I cannot stop, I vow to make things right. Finally her hunter will be hunted, Heaven and Hell, faith and sin will battle, and we will be victorious. But first, Heven must learn to be what she never imagined. I know her strength is there – I feel it. If we are to overcome all odds, she must push past her flaws – her frailties – to become much more.
Masquerade Read Along ; April 1-April 28
Read Along Schedule
April 5th – Chapters 1-8 – hosted by Stephanie at Five Alarm book Reviews
April 12th – Chapters 8-16 – hosted by Candace at Candace’s Book Blog (That’s here!)
April 19th- Chapters 16-24 –hosted by Heidi at Rainy Day Ramblings
April 26th Chapters 24-31 – hosted by Veronica at Mostly Reviews
May 3rd – Announcement of Giveaway Winners – hosted by the author – http://www.cambriahebert.com
April 5th – Stephanie at Five Alarm Book Reviews
5 discussion questions:
1. Sam is admittedly drawn to Heven before they even meet. Why do think this is?
2. In an earlier chapter The Hope states that Sam must prove himself. During these chapters Sam does some things – bad things – (covering up murder, fighting, hiding a body, etc.) all to protect Heven and his true identity. Do you think he was right to do these things?
3. In chapter twelve Kimber says some thing’s to Heven that make the reader wonder about their friendship. Do you think there is any truth Kimber’s drunken confessions? If so where do you think Heven and Kimber’s friendship goes from here?
4. Heven is changing, becoming more confident. Do you think that after something like this (her accident and disfigurement) happens to someone that she can ever go back to the person she was before? Do you think she will want to?
5. Toward the end of these set of chapters, Heven finds out Sam’s secret, who he really is. She has a strong reaction. Do you think you would react the same way? Why or why not?
The giveaway will be open to all who participate in the read along each week. There will be a Grand Prize and a Runner up prize pack.
A signed paperback copy of Masquerade
A PDF ARC of Charade (Heven and Hell #2)
An Ecopy of Between (A Heven and Hell novella due out in April)
Two signed Bookmarks
A Bubble Tea pack to include everything you need to make and enjoy your own bubble tea. (tea mix, colored tapioca pearls, fat straws and a drinking cup)
Necklace with Masquerade mini book charm made by Southwest Sky Jewelry
A signed Bookmark
A sticker of the Masquerade cover
A copy of Between (A Heven and Hell Novella)
A $10 Amazon gift card