Follow Friday is hosted by Rachel at Parajunkee's View. It's a great way to find some great blogs and interact with other bloggers.
This weeks question is:
Q. Inspired by the inane twitter trend of #100factsaboutme, give us five BOOK RELATED silly facts about you.
1. Every book I read I'm imagining the people I can loan it to. Who's style of book it is. Like my SIL will read just about any genre, so ALL my books go to her (as long as I liked it). My mom and sisters are a bit more picky on the genre's they enjoy and some of my friends are as well. But I love sharing my books with them and get super excited when I find something that is perfect for them to read.
2. I'm a compulsive book buyer. I obsess about buying books most days and spend forever looking through my wishlist (amazon app does NOT help!) and dreaming of which ones I'll buy next. I say I'm compulsive, but I think about it so much that I usually seriously think through each purchase before I make it. But it's usually something like getting the last book in a series from the publisher and knowing I need the one before it, and then I need to make it $25 for free shipping, so... and yes, I'm a Borders gold member, the $25 excuse has now just become an excuse. Or I'm addicted to amazon, which is quite likely... I also can't stay away from books. In every single store I have to at least walk by the books, even when I know I can't really buy any. It's so bad that the ladies at Safeway (yes, I buy books at Safeway!) know to hand me the books I buy at checkout so I can hide it in my purse. And yes, my hubby thinks all my books are free. I just let him assume that, I haven't lied yet.
3. I have books EVERYWHERE in my house. I have three bookcases in my family room, two in the living room, three in my bedroom as well as a huge shelf, books in hallways, the playroom and in each of the kids rooms. I want a library, but for now I'm happy seeing my books everywhere.
4. Although I like some romance I tend to think I don't because I hate the whole thing of the two characters going on about 'he/she deserves better so I'll just leave, blah blah blah'. That's just one example. But seriously, just get married already! Or together for real anyway. There are exceptions though. I like a few series that are considered romances.
5. I can't leave the house without a book. I have two kids and reading at the grocery store or anywhere is pretty impossible. But I try anyway.
The Book Blogger Hop is hosted by Jenn at Crazy-For-Books and is also for mingling with other bloggers and finding new blogs.
This week her question is:
"If you could physically put yourself into a book or series…which one would it be and why?"
This is a hard one but I'm going with my favorite series, the Kushiel's Legacy series by Jacqueline Carey. The main characters have a crazy life, but if I was just a normal person there I would LOVE it!These are just the first three. There's three different trilogies though.